Diwali diya decoration idea with tealights
This is yet another quick diwali craft involving diya decoration using tealights. These days many of us are buying or even making our own handpainted terracota diyas and its really heartbreaking to see them burn off the paints! Instead you can always place a tealight in the middle in place of oil and wick so that you can properly preserve the diyas for next festive occasion. This is a tutorial to make the tealight candle a little pretty than being simpy plain aluminium container with wax.
Materials required for Diwali diya decoration idea with tealights
- Tealight candles
- ball chains in shade of your choice
- glue ( fevicol)
- Procedure to make Diwali diya decoration idea with tealights
Procedure to make Diwali diya decoration idea with tealights
A very easy DIY this is and there is no steps involved actually !The main component in use here is ball chain ( apart from the tealight candle itself!) and unfortunately there is no substitute for it. You can get these in any jewelry making stores and they are also available in many metallic shades.
You need to first coat the outside part of your tealight candle ie the aluminium container part with glue. A little excess is also not a problem. Place your ball chain from top and keep rotating the holder while you keep aligning the ball chain close to the previous line till you reach the bottom edge of container. Since glue has been applied, the chain doesn’t slip off and its easier to keep sticking it on the container.
Keep the tealight candle to dry for a while since there is a little too much of glue poured in. Thats it and your pretty Diwali diya decoration idea with tealights is done 🙂
Other diwali decoration ideas on this blog :
- Handmade Diya base tutorial
- List of must buy Diwali decor items in India
- Diwali lantern/ Akaash kandil making tutorials
- DIY Mango leaf door toran tutorial
- Tealight candle decoration with washi tape
- Diwali diya decoration with ball chain embellished tealight candle
- How to handpaint terracotta diyas
- Paper lotus diya holder tutorial
- Readymade Kundan Rangoli tutorial
Do let me know if you have tried any of these this diwali 🙂