Popsicle craft : Christmas star making
Have you all finished your final touch ups of Christmas decor at home? I had like loads of ideas and wanted my house to look all festive n stuff but this office work pours in on you only at the last moment! Plus i sprained my right knee plus we are anyways going home by 21st so i was like why am i even decorating so much when im not gonna be here for Christmas. But even then my crafty hands were itching seeing all the Christmas decor on other blogs n Facebook so i made this few little things for our home 🙂 Tutorial for Popsicle stars for Christmas first .
Materials required to make Christmas Popsicle star
- Popsicle sticks (6 for one star)
- Craft glue/Hot glue
- Paint & Brush
Stepwise tutorial for making Christmas Popsicle star
This is like the easiest star making tutorial. I mean i guess even my one year old daughter them if she doesn’t get tempted to start chewing the sticks up :P.
- Take your Popsicle sticks and put a drop of glue on the ends of each of the stick to stick three of them together into a triangle. Just make sure that on the each of the sticks, you put drops on opposite ends.
- Better make all triangles at a go for how much ever Popsicle stars that you intend to make and let them dry.If not dried properly, they might wobble and end up in shapeless stars!
- Now that you have finished up all your triangles, you can choose any two triangles and superposition them one over the other such that you get a star shape. Now to put glue you will have only 2 sides maybe that touch each other which is more than enough to hold the star together.
- If you are using hot glue, make sure you apply lesser quantity of the glue cz once you press it down, the excess is going to pop out like a bubble in between your star ( which btw happened to me!)
- If you have spray paint well and good – just lay them all on a newspaper and spray paint the popsicle stars. Else take the pain like me to paint them one by one.
- I’m so horrible at painting cz I just don’t understand the funda of handling the wobbly slushy paint brush! Anyhow I finished up painting coats over coats to give it a solid color.
- Dry them well and your popsicle stars for christmas is ready for action 🙂
How to use Christmas Popsicle star
I made six popsicle christmas stars this time and used 5 of them as wall decals. You can stick them with hot glue or even put double-sided tape behind them. The last one i placed it on my christmas tree 😀
Did you guys notice my new watermark?? I have posted a tutorial as to how to make such a watermark in Photoshop HERE. Do check them out and also hang on to see tutorial on how to make mini christmas trees 🙂