Watermark for Blog Photo
Its Christmas time and im already in great crafty mood for all the decors but im not finding time to click decent photos and make a post! My holiday starts next monday and we are so excited about this Christmas especially since its Grace’s first Christmas 😀 Anyhow keeping my random talks aside, did you guys notice that ive got a new theme for my website, a new header logo and I made this new watermark brush using photoshop so that i can watermark blog photos of mine 🙂
I have absolutely zero knowledge in photoshop and so i had to refer multiple blogs and tutorials to finally make this watermark which was so easy peasy!!! SSSooo, i decided il just put up a tutorial for anybody there as ignorant as i am and also for myself if i need to make a new watermark for blog photo later anytime 🙂 So lets get started
Things to consider before starting to make a watermark for blog photo :
- Logo content – the logo can look more like your blog header image or maybe even a shorter form of that. You have to first have an idea as to how it needs to look like and what colors/fonts/images you need for that.
- Fonts & brushes- In my logo, i have used fonts to write ‘theCRAFTYANGELS.com and photoshop brushes to make the heart shape.
Once your above things are decided your watermark will ready in a jiffy ( although i must admit i spent days n weeks searching for the right font and right brushes being a beginner!).
Step by step tutorial for making watemark for blog photo in photoshop
I use adobe photoshop 7.0 ( hope the same procedure applies to all versions of photoshop).
- Open your photoshop and go to create new (Ctrl+N).
- In the dialogue box that pops up further,
- Depending on your photoshop version there is a limit to your brush size so do check up before you start of with a huge canvas. For photoshop 7 its 2500x2500px although you wont need the whole space.
- Remember to check the transparent background option so that your watermark lays overlayed on your photos without a rectangle background like in the screen shot below.
- Now in the grey-white chequered canvas you got, make your logo/watermark for blog photo. Just make sure while working to create new layers for additional items you add so that they can be easily rearranged. You can read about layers in photoshop HERE
- Here in the example ive taken only text for my watermark for blog photo as ‘thecraftyangels.com’. You can go ahead and add a new layer n add some graphics or swirls or borders etc etc to make it look unique and elegant.
- Once you are done with the editing & designing part of your logo, you can go ahead and select the area of the logo/watermark with a rectangular marquee tool.
- Now goto – Edit–> define brush–> give a name to your brush.
- Tada!!!! your watermark for blog photo is MADE!!!
- Now if you want to put this watermark for your blog photo, there is no complicated steps. Open your photo, select stamp tool and in stamps option, scroll down to find your watermark for blog photo, stamp away!
Hope this tutorial was useful to you 🙂 I know most of the bloggers would already have designed watermarks n would be experts in photoshop but i feel that i should just share my knowledge – who knows who might find this useful :).
I am going on my Christmas vacation starting from 21st and i dont know if id be able to show you my christmas DIY decors that i made cz i have just so leetle time to write a post and pack for my vacation! Anyhow, wishing you all a very merry christmas!!