Heard of Nirmala Franklin Planner in India?
Planner and me?! Yeah I know sounds like a bad combination but then did you know we have planners in India too – these Nirmala Franklin planners are just too pretty to be ignored! Check out her website here where there are quite a lot of catchy quirky designs to shop from.
So anyways let come to the point. Why does anyone need a planner anyways? Isn’t maintaining a planner an extra work on top of all the works you are jotting down in there? In a way yes but on the other side, it helps us being organised and disciplined. If you are my types, you would be doing everything just the last moment when you realize omg I was supposed to finish it off today! and you keep pushing off “supposedly” unimportant things to the later because you were happily relaxing on the couch forgetting that you had to do it!
Jotting things in a planner helps you keep a mental note of it every time to see the “to-do list” and so it actually gives ample time to decide if some of the works need to be postponed or cancelled or preponed etc instead of deciding everything the last minute! Also if you are a multitasker like me, a planner helps you be accountable and the best things is the immense pleasure while you strike off each point after you have finished the work 😀
About Nirmala Franklin Planner through Photographs :
The Nirmala Franklin Planner ( I think all of them) comes in a standard 7.25″ X 9.25″ size with 170 pages in total and they have basically 3 different layouts :
- Year overview : The planner starts with a full year colorful calendar ( Jan t0 Dec) which is just for lookup of days and dates. Maybe you could cross off office holidays or color up birthdays etc for a quick lookup .
- Month overview : This is an expanded calendar sort of layout which fits the whole month into two adjacent sheets. Each day has about 1″x 1″ box space to fit in minute yet important details. This is where you can markup any important functions/events/birthdays etc and make use of the stickers provided inside the planner. My husband was like there is a sticker for parlour :P? Well that is apart from all other functional stickers like birthday, anniversary,day off, payday. holiday, and blank ones as well. This section also has a notes pane at the side wherein you could jot in your main agenda for the month or so.
- Day wise overview : This is the most writable section of your planner and there is enough space to doodle and plan your day. One sheet is divided into 3×3 grid – 3 days x 3 sections (morning,day and night) wherein you can note in detail your daily plans as well as maybe one day ahead. Here again there is space at the bottom and left pane for extra notes/journal/doodles etc.
Each of the month is demarcated with the help of colorful tabs ( which are laminated – highly functional!) . Apart from these, the nirmala franklin planner also has an additional features which are so cool. Lemme show you pictures and talk more about it 🙂
Contacts : After college was the time when I had to call up my mum to ask for my home address when I had to fill in job applications. I mean imagine I do not know my own home postal address! Years forward, I am compulsively going back to pen and paper mode of life – If you are a regular here you would know how I make cards for my friends and through my instagram you would have read about my penpal tales. I think this contacts section is like a mini address book that our parents had besided the landline phone 😛
Expenses : Again a much needed feature. As you know I spend a hell lot on online shopping and there is absolutely no limit to my expenditure 😛 This expenses section is carefully laid down – its not a traditional ledger where you note down all incoming outgoing. This one is similar to the expenses app you have on your phone ( i dont :P!) that gives you a final pie chart saying you spend 99% on craft supplies and mere 1% on food 😛 You need to jot down the broad categories of your purchases like say in my case it would be – cardmaking supplies, DIY supplies, cleaning supplies, cosmetics, bath&body care, hair care, toys, apparels, baby apparels ( OK thats enough ! ) and then put in your total expenses under each category for every month. This way you would know if you are overspending or fix total expenditure per month and adjust %share of each category.
I mean there is loads you can do with it so just use it whichever way you like to 🙂
This is handy when you have to note down some important piece of information that you would need to look up. Like say you got a perfect recipe for hyderabadi biriyani or say your friend gave you a list of must watch chic flic movies 😛
This is a sturdy pocket folder – the types available with general paper storage files. I love the designs on all of these pages 🙂 This is where you can hold your bills till you enter then in your expenses sheet, invitations, letters, visiting cards etc
Zip lock clear bag :
No this is not for storing the planner! This is a section attached just like a page in the planner and I think its very cute. You could put in pictures, photographs, postcards – just anything collectible that needs to be safe 🙂
Inspirational quotes :
Pros of Nirmala Franklin planner :
This is my first ever real planner – other than the tattered notebook with scribbles and strikes everywhere 😛 so I really liked it.
- The built is foolproof for regular handling – the coverpage is laminated with hardplastic, the pages are thick enough and are bound by metal spring, the tabs for each section is laminated, the folder pocket and clear ziplock bag are thick + sturdy.
- Layout is excellent with enough space – there is space for daily list, monthly list, notes, expenses, address etc which is excellent to have all details at one place.
- It is a bit expensive when you look at the price ( for Rs.2999) but if you check in the market for a similar one, you will either have to adjust with a random one or come back for nirmala franklin planners! The designs,prints and colors are awesome – its hard to get it all together in one book.
Cons of Nirmala Franklin Planner :
- I have absolutely no complaints about the one that I have. I would love to see more planners with different designs – I’m guessing Nirmala is already working on that. I would have preferred my monthly and daily planner pages to be in lines form rather than grid form , also maybe a more compact one that fits in my tiny office bag 😀
- Spiral binding – the planner comes on sturdy shiny and pretty metallic spirals but I am so bad at handling them. I have been using this nirmala franklin planner for about a month and not a single page has come out but considering the fact that my college textbooks ( usually photocopied and spiral bound) did not have atleast first 5 pages by the end of my semester, I am always paranoid if I can manage to hold them together till the end of the year :P!
If you like to own a planner, do checkout nirmala franklin planner collections HERE.