Make these handmade Mini Christmas tree ornament this Christmas. Its always fun to sit down with your folks and add a little handmade lover to holiday decor
Christmas is a month away but you can never have enough time to be “Christmas-ready” right? I’m sure all of you must have by now taken out your Christmas tree and started decorating them. Why not add new handmade ornaments? Sharing today is a tutorial for making simple DIY mini Christmas tree ornament with your kids this holiday season.
Materials required to make Mini Christmas Tree ornaments:
- Glitter paper/glitter foam sheets
- Double sided tacky tape/ tacky glue
- Foam tape
- Popsicle stick
- Scissors,pencil,paper etc
- Sketch pens
How to make these mini Christmas tree ornaments :
The idea of the layered glitter Christmas tree is to cut out triangles and then layer them one over the other with Popsicle stick as the tree trunk in the centre to create a pretty little tree ornament. Here is how to start:
- Start by measuring a line as long as the Popsicle stick on a sheet of paper. Keeping this line as the centre, draw a triangle to either of its sides. This will become one half of your Christmas tree so the length of your triangle will determine if your tree is going to be short & fat or tall & thin.
- Next is to make layers. Three layers will be more than enough so divide your tree into three sections and mark three small lines from slope of triangle to inside and join them with the edges like in the picture above.
- Fold the paper across at the middle line and cut out the tree. Use this as a tree template so to mark them to your glitter paper/glitter foam.
- You could draw the triangles separately and stick them one over the other if using a glitter paper. Since I was using foam, the triangles would’ve made it too bulky so this is what I did. I traced the top triangle of the tree first, shifted my template a little bit down and drew the second triangle, shifted the template again a bit down and drew the last triangle. The gap between the triangles will be the areas to overlap.
- This is how the cutouts will look like and I made 2 sets for one tree so that it looks pretty on whichever side it faces. I placed tacky tape on edges I that needed to stick together. You can use tacky glue if you have which I think will be way easier than the tape!
- First start with the lowest layer and keep moving upwards while sticking the triangles. I have used a small piece of double sided tape after the first layer to keep up with the height on Popsicle ( its optional – if you don’t use the foam tape, the bump will be visible on your tree thats all).
You can add the layers on the opposite side as well to match with the layers already added. I used sketch pens to color the popsicle stick piece that is seen as the tree trunk. To use these as hanging tree ornaments, add a bead at the top using hot glue and put a thread/twine through it.
Tada your pretty little Christmas tree ornament http://thecraftyangels.com/tag/christmas-crafts/ ready !!
Did you like these? You sure will then like other Christmas crafts I have shared. Do check them out here!