Butterfly Chime : a DIY Tutorial
I’ve been lately thinking of giving a spring makeover to my room and after experimenting with my new Martha Stewart butterfly punch , I came up with the idea of making a butterfly chime. Do you guys do any makeover to your room as your mood changes? I love something new and something handmade in my room that adds that little sense of pleasure and happiness every time I look at them. This butterfly chime turned out so much better than how much I had actually expected it to be. Do you feel like making one too? Go ahead to read the full tutorial on how to make butterfly chime.
Materials required to make Butterfly Chime :
1 )Butter paper
2) Butterfly punch/cutter ( or you can cut out with your own template)
3) Decorative string/thread/chain
4) Thick wire/embroidery hoop
5) Decorative feathers
6) Hot glue gun
Step by step procedure to make Butterfly Chime :
- To get started, punch out butterflies from the butter paper. To make the job easier, fold the paper many times and punch a large number of butterflies all at once. Martha stewart punches are costly but they are worth the investment so if you are a regular crafters, I would suggest a craft punch. But otherwise, no worries. You can make a template butterfly shape from a cardboard and embellish the wings with glitter and pearls.
- For a three-dimensional effect, stick together two butterfly cut-outs, one on top of the other, and fold it upwards.
- For a ring, use an embroidery hoop or make one using a thick wire. If necessary, paint the ring with acrylic paint.
- Cut the decorative thread or chain into pieces of alternating lengths. Stick them along the ring at equal distances from each other.
- Glue the butterflies on the free ends of the threads/chains.
- For a more charming look, I covered the plain embroidery hoop with delicate feathers all along.
- Then I added two chains across the diameters of the ring form X shape so that the ring was being balanced without any tilt.
- and the butterfly chime was ready!!!
Did you like the butterfly chime and the tutorial? Dont you think you can make such awesome cute piece of decor to your home to add that little pinch of much needed happiness? Do send us your touches of happinesss this season 🙂 We would love to see and try! If you are interested in writing for us, do send an email to [email protected]